Saturday, July 31, 2004

I had a really cool day yesterday. Alicia, Becky, and I went to the Indianapolis Zoo. After the sea lion feed, they let us go out on deck. There was a 6 week old sea lion named Diego. He was crawling around our feet. That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Then they brought the baby walrus in so we got to see him too. He too was adorable. We went to a dolphin show and then did a dolphin pet after that. (Becky and I wanted to meet new dolphins). Then we went to see the elephants. An old Brookfield employee works there so he showed us around. First we pet one, which was crazy. Then we went to the elephant show, and when we were about to leave the zookeepers said, "do you guys want to ride them back to the yard?" What?! I asked if they were serious. they were so I got on one and Becky got on another. The elephant laid down and I stepped on it's leg and pulled myself up. When it stood up I had to hold onto it's ears or else I would've fell off the back. It was the coolest thing ever. It was a bit scary, considering how huge they are and that elephants are the animal in zoos that cause the most injuries/deaths. Needless to say, it was an amazing experience.

No comments: