Monday, July 19, 2004

I had an excellent weekend. My mom was here! She got down here on Friday afternoon. We went shopping (she bought my groceries!), took a walk, and hung around. On Saturday we took the train downtown and went to the Shedd Aquarium to see more dolphins. They also have Beluga whales, which mom has never seen before. (I do think our show is better though). Then we went out to eat. On Sunday she came to the zoo. She came to a show and then did a dolphin pet with Lucky. She absolutely loved it, which made me happy. Then she got to go behind the scenes at Pinniped (shhhhh....this is on the down low). She also got a tour at dolphin and was able to watch me feed Sterling all by my lonesome. I really like when people get to see me at work, doing what I love so much. She left this morning. :(

Today I had a fun day. First I got to start working with one of the dolphins, Kaylee. I just feed her a bit today, so we could establish the trainer-dolphin bond. Sounds corney, hey? The next day I work I'll hopefully start working some behaviors. I also got to hold our Harris Hawk today. I had to practice with a fake one, then it was time. It is really intimidating having a hawk 2 inches from your face, staring at you. How many people can say they've done that though?

No comments: