Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Today I learned how to free dive. We were in a Pinniped pool with a depth of 8-10 feet. We had masks and flippers. You would just hold your breath and dive down. Greg, the head honcho, taught Becky and I how to do this. The whole goal of this was to 1. have fun 2. as you dive down, scoop up seal and sea lion poop. Becky scooped, I just practiced diving. I was forced to stop because my ears were hurting, so they wouldn't let me keep trying to unplug my ears. They didn't want me to damage myself.

I was also "pushed in" today. At the end of the day two people grabbed Becky's arms and legs to throw her in. She was kicking and screaming and putting up a fight. Two came to get me. They linked arms with me as I walked to the pool with them. I know, I'm no fun. Alicia said she at least wanted to get the pleasure out of pushing me in, so I stood at the edge of the pool like I didn't know what was happening, as she pushed me in.

Last weekend I went country line dancing. Alicia, Jen, Alicia's sister, and Becky went. I never did it before but it was a lot of fun. Some dances I didn't even attempt, but others I was able to pick up on. But once you get the full hang of it, the song ends. Stupid! I also learned to two-step. Fun times.

This weekend I'm taking a road trip with Alicia and Becky. We are going to the Indianapolis Zoo, where Alicia used to work. I am so thankful to have Alicia around. I would be REALLY lonely if it wasn't for her.

No comments: