Monday, July 05, 2004

Happy 5th of July! Oh, wait. I'm a day off. My 4th was not too exciting. I worked, came home and ate, and went to bed. Yippee! Work was fun yesterday though. At about 5:30 we all left and got ice cream. We had to chow it down fast because we had a show to do at 6:00. Then after the show we had a pool party. One girl got thrown in because it was her 2nd to last day (today it was her last day and she got thrown in 4 times and they froze her underwear...I'm calling in sick my last day!). Anyway, then they tried throwing the other intern in, but decided to jump in. Then I jumped in and then everyone else did. We had about a 15 min. party. It was probably the most fun day I've had at work.

This past weekend I went to Cornerstone Music Festival. This was my 8th year going, although it was only for 2 days. My aunt Jan and uncle Joe and my two cousins, Andrew and Peter were there so I camped with them. It was so great to see them since they live in New York and aren't usually in the mid-west. Some friends from college are in a band, Anathello. They played on one of the stages and were GREAT. Not being biased, but I think they had the best show that I saw. My friend from Tech, Kevin, was also there. He's another one I don't see much so it was nice to catch up. I saw about 12 bands, some of which were MxPx, Over the Rhine, and P.O.D. During the Pillar concert they were doing a U2 cover, "bloody sunday". When he sang the word "Jesus", it started pouring. It was pretty cool. Stupid me forgot I had an umbrella in my backpack which was sitting at my feet. So I sat in the pouring rain with my sweatshirt hood up and got drenched. It stopped and THEN I realized I had the umbrella. (Sara is not so bright sometimes) Kevin and I then went to Over the Rhine. We both were falling asleep in our chairs, not because it was boring, but because her voice is soooo soothing. I bought one of their c.d's. We were both freezing and tired and called it a night. On Saturday I kind of lounged around, spent too much money on merchandise, watched crazy boys in speedo's create a giant slip and slide, got completely muddy, and saw some bands. That about sums it up.

Have you ever been in a stage in your life where you write or type words and you just don't know how to spell anything? Well, I've been in that stage for about a week, so I probably spelt a billion words wrong. I think I inhaled too much bleach at work while cleaning.

One more thing and then I'm done. The bleach comment reminded me of this. I was cleaning the other day at work. We dropped the pool level by about a foot and put bleach on the cut out areas of the pool and scrubbed it while standing on deck. I was working on a pool that the dolphins were in. Tapeko and Kaylee kept bringing me toys. They would set them on the cut out, then sit with their chins resting on the side, looking at me like "aren't you going to play with me?" It was the cutest thing, but unfortunetly, I'm not allowed to do that, so I had to keep scrubbing and ignore them. Heartbreaking.

No comments: