Friday, August 06, 2004

Yesterday I got to be in my first dolphin presentation. Becky got to do one on her last day, and since yesterday was my last day with Alicia, I did mine yesterday. I got in a wetsuit and went on stage. When the male dolphins were doing their half of the show, I just stood there with Sara Becker and clapped and smiled. When the family group did their half of the show, I got to do a couple behaviors with Kaylee. During mimicry, which is where audience members are picked and go to the side of the pool with trainers to do some behaviors, I did that with Alicia too. Then the narrator mentioned how I was leaving, and it choked me up a bit. After the show I did a couple more behaviors with Kaylee. Then Alicia told me to go out and talk to the public. On my way over, she took me by surprise and pushed me in an empty pool. Then Sara pushed her in. ha ha ha. Then I went to talk to the public. It's amazing how much more attention you get when you are in a wetsuit. People will talk to me when in my intern uniform, but they seem to flock when you are in a wetsuit and they see you on stage. Celebrity status, I tell you.

So, it's crazy...I only have 2 days of work left. I am off today and tomorrow, and then work Sunday and Monday. I will head home to the U.P. on Tuesday early early morning. I am anxious to see my family and my husband, but I am sure going to miss the animals and Alicia.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Thanks for calling me last night. I really enjoyed talking to you!

I wanted to call you back and say "I love you" but for some reason my phone didn't save your number. I was very sad because I forgot to say it.

So, I love you!! I hope your last two days rock your world!