Friday, August 13, 2004

Sorry it's been awhile. On Monday I had my last day at the zoo. All day long I was choking back tears, but I made it the whole day. The staff was pretty weak at getting me soaked my last day. I only got it at the end...a bucket of ice cold water, a hose, and an empty pool equals Sara getting wet. It was all in a matter of 5 minutes, so it's not like I changed and got dry inbetween getting wet. I did the sound booth on that day, where I did all the music and and other various tasks. I was a little nervous I'd screw it up, but I did fine.

I headed home on Tuesday. On the way home I was shifting into 5th gear and my stick popped out of place so I couldn't shift. I was able to pull over. I called Ryan crying because I didn't know what to do. I was able to get ahold of a towing company, they towed me and were able to fix it. It set me back 2 hours, but that just meant that Ryan and I pulled up to mom's about 2 minutes apart from each other. It was so great to see him. Mom yelled at us for making out in the front yard. :)

My time at home has been wonderful so far. It's been a lot of relaxing and hanging out. Yesterday me, Ryan, Josh, Amy and my grandpa went out to my dad's. It was an absolute beautiful day. We ate KFC and also grilled brats. We sat in the sun for hours and all have sunburn on our faces to prove it. We hit some golf balls, played bocce ball, and explored places that had many childhood memories.

1 comment:

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Hi dear Sara!
I laughed when you wrote that your mom yelled at you and ryan for making out on the front lawn:)! 2 classes down this week, 2 more to go. finally got internet access and cable in our apartment (and a few extra channels!) so Stacie and I are feeling in touch w/ reality. Love you,
Joylynn