Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Today was my first day at the Minnesota Zoo. I kinda got thrown into some stuff, but I was perfectly fine with that. It meant a lot of animal feeding on my first day. There is one dolphin, Ayla who wouldn't eat. When I was working with another trainer with her, she would station by me, so the trainer had me feed her some. Then she went weird again and wouldn't eat. Then they had me try later, trying to feed her from the front of the pool. At the last feeding they had me feed Semo, a 43 year old male (that's a really old dolphin) without anyone even looking over my shoulder. At first it just entailed feeding him fish and ice cubes and making eye contact because Semo really thrives from eye contact. During the second part they let me play catch with him also. So I would throw the football out and he would retreive it. It was cool. I also did sound for the show and loaded and unloaded about 20 SCUBA tanks. I still stink like fish!

No comments: