Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Here I am writing from the windy city, chicago. I arrived here on Sunday. I was able to attend my cousin, Mark's, orchestra concert. Yesterday I started my internship at the Brookfield Zoo and had a wonderful first day. I did a lot of observing during feeding times. During the Pinneped (seals, sea lions, walruses) feeds I got to pet a cute little harbor seal, apply vasaline to a walrus' flippers, and push on a walrus' belly. Those are HUGE animals! Then I got to pet two dolphins. Needless to say, I was loving it. The day flew by...you are constantly running from one thing to the next. The most memorable part was walking near the dolphin pool right when I got there, a dolphin was chilling there, rolled over, and looked right at me. Nothing can beat that. And I also got initiated by being thrown into an empty sea lion pool. The other intern was also thrown in an empty dolphin pool also so now I know to bring extra clothes. Now tonight I am going to my cousin, Rick's, last home baseball game. mark will be playing the national anthem on his clarinet. I just wish it was warmer today.

No comments: