Sunday, November 28, 2004

Let's see if I still remember what has been going on in my life...
1. Got my first A on a Dr. Gillingham exam. It took me 1 1/2 semesters, but hey, I finally got one.
2. For Thanksgiving, Ryan and I went up to the Traverse City area to visit Josh, Amy, and Amy's family. It was a relaxing time and it was really nice to see them.
3. The first snow fell on Wednesday. I guess 200 cars went in the ditch. My friend, James, was in a really bad car accident, but I haven't heard how he is doing. I know the girl he was driving got killed. Keep him and the girl's family in your prayers, even though I don't know the details.
4. Still no job.
5. Packing sucks. I feel like I've packed a zillion boxes, but the apartment doesn't look any more empty.
6. O.k. There is the movie "Andre" about a girl and a sea lion. However, in the whole movie they call it a seal. It irked me the WHOLE movie, but at the end it showed clips of the real Andre, who was in fact a Harbor Seal, not a Sea Lion. But, they should have put a disclaimer at the beginning of the movie saying "We are using a sea lion to film, but calling it a seal in the movie to show respect to the real Andre. But be aware that there is a difference." But, of course they didn't, leading everyone to call sea lions, seals. FYI: Sea lions can rotate their hind legs forward and walk on all fours and have external ear flaps. Seals can't rotate their hind legs forward so they move like an inch worm and they don't have external ear flaps. They have holes in thier head that look like ears. NOW...don't call a sea lion a seal infront of me. It's almost as bad as calling a dolphin a fish. (getting off my pulpit now)

No comments: