Monday, November 13, 2006

This past Saturday I went down to Charlotte with Joy. She has some family down there and her immediate family came down from MI. It was a gorgeous day...we took two walks. There is a little pond near the community where her relatives live, so we walked around there. We also had two good meals. The first was a semi-Thanksgiving dinner and then we went to a pizza buffet for dinner. It was a very rainy ride home, but we made it home safely.

The meerkats at work are starting to warm up to me. One group is very interested in me, and then the other, more timid group, is starting to come up to me as well. I was given permission to start trying to hand feed them. I also got to feed a Patas monkey yesterday for the first time. They just take the food right out of your hand and eat it. They are very cute.

My cats are doing well. Triton is becoming more cuddly, which I appreciate. He still hates to be held, but on occasion he'll take a nap on my legs and he definitely likes to be pet more now then he did before. Obi is still our "snuggle-bunny". He has a horrible habit of waking me up at around 4:30 in the morning. Usually he lays on my chest and starts purring really loudly. Just let me sleep until my alarm goes off at 6:15 am. As I type this, Obi is in one of those crazy cat moods, where he is chasing a ghost or something. He's cute.

No comments: