Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I am making progress at work. The meerkats are now eating out of my hand. Even the little babies will come up and snatch some food from me. Yesterday I held a snake for the first time. I really don't like snakes, however I work with 4 of them, 3 ball pythons and one rock python. When the ball pythons are shedding, we soak them to help with the shed, which requires you to pick them up and put them in a tub of water. Well, I can't have someone else do it for me all the time, so I finally did it yesterday. It actually wasn't that bad...I just had to get past that first step and just do it. As for the rock python, she is 140 pounds, so I'll have to work my way up to her. Her mouth is the size of my hand.

I need to vent for a bit about bad drivers. And I know there will always be bad drivers, but it'll make me feel good for at least 10 seconds to complain about it.
1. People in NC seem to stick their nose out into the lane when they are waiting to pull onto the road. It has been to the point where Ryan or I have had to swerve to avoid clipping their front end, or quickly moving over to another lane.
2. Blinkers...it's not that hard. Use them, people.
3. Tail gaters...if I can't see your headlights because you are riding my tail, you are driving too close to my car. And yes, I will put my brakes on to let you know.
4. Left lane drivers! This drives me crazy! Ok, people. You are supposed to drive in the right lane and use the left lane to pass people. It just works better if people follow that pattern. I've noticed here (at least on my route to and from work) that the majority of the people drive in the left lane as opposed to the right. If you are going slow in the left lane and see a line of cars behind you, take a hint and scoot over and let them pass.

ok. I'm done, at least for now.

No comments: