Sunday, October 15, 2006

I had a very good week last week, but then it ended pretty crappy.

On Thursday I headed to Maryland because my uncle Jim was getting married that weekend. I arrived around 2:00 and met my mom at a mall. We bummed around awhile then had a little snack at a yummy Italian restaurant. It had the best dipping oil for your bread. Then we stayed at my Aunt Jeanne's house that night. Most of the other relatives came over for dinner. It was so great to see everyone. Friday mom and I ate at Bennigin's, my favorite restaurant, which we don't have in NC. Then we headed to the hotel. That evening my mom had the rehearsal dinner and I went to hang out with my cousins and 2 aunts at my Aunt Jerri's house. On Sat. a group of us went to the mall, then hung out in the hotel's hottub, then went to Jerri's for dinner. The wedding was on Sun. It was beautiful. The reception had appetizers and a string quartet playing. It was held at a mansion. Again the party was at Jerri's that evening. On Monday I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore with Jeff, Colleen, Ryan, Jerri, Jordan, Jamie, and Sharif. It was a great aquarium. I got to see the dolphin show. It made me sad at first, because I really miss working at the MN Zoo. It was a fun show. We stayed at my grandpa and grandma's house that night. On Tues. morning we took a nice walk with grandpa as he showed us the area, got Starbucks, then had a lovely lunch. We stayed at Jerri's house on Tues. night. I headed home on Wednesday. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone. It's nice living 5.5 hours away from most of my aunts and uncles and my grandparents, but it sucks living so far away from my parents, siblings, and in-laws.

As I was walking in the house I got a call from the NC Zoo and found out I didn't get the job. Then I checked my e-mail and found out I didn't get selected for an interview for another job that I really wanted. I was really bummed. Now I'm back to square one and I'm not too sure what I'm going to do now.

No comments: