Saturday, October 01, 2005

A friend from the zoo came over tonight to see the apartment and to watch "My So-Called Life" episodes on DVD. We watched an episode then some how started talking about church. She asked if I had one here and I said there was one that Ryan and I liked but haven't really gone much due to work schedules and lack of motivation. I was telling her about the service and she seemed really interested because it's a contemporary service and later at night on Sun. so work no longer interferes with it. (Our schedules have all changed so nobody works later then 4:30 now). We were talking about how we should go together. Then she asked me where do I think people go when they die. I quickly said a prayer, "God, I know I haven't talked to you in awhile, but I need you to give me the right words." I have faith that he did. So we talked about death, heaven, angels, ghosts, how to do a Bible study, etc. It was a conversation that I needed to have. First, to hopefully kick start me back into the mind set of God's. Also, to let a co-worker know where I am coming from and what I believe, since I haven't been an A+ witness for the past 9 months at the zoo. Thank you, God, for allowing this conversation to occur. More will come, I'm sure. We are going to see Sara Groves tomorrow and Heather, another co-worker who let me know about the concert invited this friend also, so hopefully she can go.

No comments: