Sunday, May 31, 2009

We are on the last day of the month for my "May weight loss challenge". As of 2 days ago I had lost 7 lbs. As of this morning I had lost 6 lbs. Then we decided to do the final weigh in tomorrow morning. I was hoping for a day off, but I guess I have to work out today. :) I am very proud of myself. Usually when I try to set my mind on working out, I do it for about 2 weeks and stop. I was very good this month. I watched what I ate, mostly cut pop out and worked out a lot. I had one glass of pop at my Tastefully Simple Party and one in the middle of the month, and my stomach was NOT happy with me for that one. I have lost at least a 1/2 inch from all the areas I took measurements. Even if I'm not the winner, I'm proud of myself.

It's been a strange week this week. There are a lot of hurting people that I'm coming in contact with. I've been doing a lot of praying for other people. It's overwhelming at times, to feel the pain of other people. The strangest one for me...I have a friend who just found out her teenage daughter is pregnant. I'm not going to go into details, but it felt like a knife in my chest when I first heard it. It took my breath away. I saw the teenager today for the first time and was mad and jealous. Then mad at myself for being jealous of a 17 year old. Life just sucks sometimes, but I serve a God that cares about my emotions and helps me work through my anger and jealousy and most importantly, forgives me for that.

No comments: