Friday, May 08, 2009

There have been a few ladies from the church that have been working out together on Wednesdays. For the month of May we started a "May weight loss challenge". Our goal is to lose 10 lbs. The winner gets to pick where to go out to eat and the others have to treat her. I'm glad we are doing it, because it's actually motivating me to work at it. I was at a good weight during the first pregnancy, but then after the miscarriage I ate crap and loaded up on pop and gained 15 lbs back. If I lose 10 I'll be happy with my weight, since technically I'm considered overweight for my height. We are on day 8 now. I won't let myself get on the scale until the 15th, but I feel great. I've been working out everyday, haven't been drinking pop (had one at my Tastefully Simple Party and just felt guilty), not eating fast food, and cutting the bad-for-me sweets out. I'm trying to watch portions and eating small healthy things throughout the day. I also took body measurements, so if I don't lose the weight, I can at least see that I'm toning up. I started at 143.0, so I'll let you know what happens!

No comments: