Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm here to clarify the entry from two times ago. People keep wondering about it, and that's ok. Basically I'm in a spiritual slump. Nothing in particular has got me here, I'm just here. Nothing bad has happened; my life is wonderful right now. It's just for some reason it's so hard for me to talk to God right now and I haven't even picked up my Bible for weeks. Especially when I'm at work I thank God for my job and thank Him that I get to do what I love every day. But that's about the extent of it. It's like I don't have the energy to say anything else to Him. I'll be riding to work in the morning listening to Christian music and hear songs, and think, "That's exactly what I'm going through" or "Yes, I know, God, that you are still here and you love me." But that's extent. After work I do nothing to right the situation and feel like I don't have the energy to. I know I'm not strong enough to do this on my own, but when I ask for God's strength, I don't wait around for it. I hope this makes sense to some of you, at least. This is why I need your prayers.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Dearest Sara,

I know how you feel. I have experienced the same things before more than once. I will be praying for you. Do you think there's any hidden stress somewhere??
One thing I would suggest is to perhaps pick up your Bible in a free moment and read one line, one verse, one word... anything. If you can't, just pick it up and hold on to it. Sometimes it helps me if there isn't any pressure, no expectation and I just make an attempt to spend time with God. It gives me a desire to come to Him with my whole self more than I would if I felt I "have" to come to Him in a certain way.
I'll be thinking of you. I love you!!

Love,
Liz