Sunday, July 31, 2005

The baby dolphin is still doing great. We are actually having a naming contest for him. I don’t think relatives of zoo employees can participate, but friends can! So go to www.mnzoo.org to submit a name. Just PLEASE no Flipper, Fins, etc. Trust me, those names will not get picked. (I think staff gets to pick the final name.) He has started to play now. He will blow bubbles out of his blowhole, spin around, and bite at them. It is very cute to watch. We think he has also discovered his reflection because he will swim straight up and bite at the surface of the water. There are some gross things too. Let’s just say mom is teaching him how to reproduce. Ewwwww. If you want to know details, just ask.

I have started to narrate the dolphin shows. The first one was very scary, but I got through it. I’ve talked 7 shows now. Public speaking is one of my fears and I’ll have to say that it is now conquered.

We had a mini-vacation last week. I had to work at Vanity Tuesday morning and Wednesday night, so in between we went up to the camper with Ryan’s family. We played three rounds of golf, went shopping at the flea market, had a barbeque, went swimming, and make smores. Fun times. And this Tuesday will me my first day off in a month and a half. I plan on doing nothing productive. I’ll stamp, read, lay out in the sun, etc.

No comments: