Wednesday, March 09, 2005

It has been an exciting couple of days. On Friday my mom, Josh, and Amy came from Michigan because Saturday was my “big day” at the zoo. On Saturday the 12:00 show was pretty normal. I did points with Rio and Chinook. Well points with Chinook during a show was a first. For some reason they don’t let us feed him, and nobody quite understands. Anyway, then after the show Josh and Amy got to meet Semo, while Gayle and Rachel (Ryan’s mom and sister) got to meet Chinook. They all got to do rubdowns, feed them, and do some behaviors. Then we all went and ate at Chipotle, but I was too anxious/excited/nervous I didn’t even eat. And for those of you who know me, that is a huge thing for me to pass down food at a restaurant. Anyway, I got to do the 2:00 show, where I did all the behaviors with Semo. One thing I did was his “ball toss to crowd” where I go on the public side and throw a ball in the water. He grabs it and has his famous 10 second wind-up, then throws it in the crowd. The cutest thing you’ll ever see. The show went pretty flawless. Then I got to do waterwork, which is where I get in the water and do behaviors with the dolphins. I did a hula, water squirt, waltz (the dolphin pops up in front of you, you grab the pecs, and he spins you around), dorsal tow (grab on the dorsal fin and hang on for life as he pulls you across the pool), layouts, and peaks over the acrylics. It was an amazing experience and I’m so grateful that I got to experience it. I am also very grateful that my family was able to come and also a lot of Ryan’s family came. I have some pictures, so once I get them on this computer, I can post them on here.

What else? Oh, I did not get the job in Florida. Such is life. It seems to be a pattern with me that facilities think they call me to tell me I don’t get the position, but they don’t really call me, so I call them to find out the bad news. Dumb. I also got my hair highlighted yesterday. I am once again a blonde. Yipee! I only have 7 more days left at the zoo. Crazy!

No comments: