Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy birthday to Ryan! He turned the big 3-0 today. Yesterday we went to Raleigh for a Jars of Clay, Switchfoot and Third Day concert. There was another band too, but I can't remember their name. I wasn't impressed anyway. The concerts were very good. Unfortunately we missed some of Jars of Clay, because they started at 6:00 and we got there a little late because we both had to work and it was a 2 hour drive. It was cool seeing these 3 bands together, because they were all some of the first bands that I listened to when I became a Christian, so they had a huge influence on my faith. And it's cool that 10 years later, they still do. The venue was cool. It was an outdoor pavilion, some of which had a roof over it. We were at the point where the roof stopped and it was just open air behind us. There was a section where you could find a place in this huge grassy area, but we ended up getting tickets with an actual seat. It reminded me a lot of Cornerstone. Being out with the stars above you, breeze blowing, and rocking out to some awesome music. I miss Cornerstone. Maybe someday I'll be back.

As for me personally, I'm doing fine. God has really healed me and I'm very thankful for that. I still have my moments, but I'm sure that will always be there. I know God knows that my #1 desire is to have a baby. I want to be a mom so bad. It'll happen someday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun at the concerts, and glad that you're doing well. Also glad I got to catch you on the phone.

Here's a story to share, thinking of Cornerstone.

During my nap today, I had a dream:
I was at a cornerstone type of festival, watching Sixpence None the Richer play again, with a new band, and just Leigh on vocals. Matt wasn't around that I could see. Except instead of a cool night-time outdoors show, it was more like a small club. The band was terrible, and they kept making mistakes, and the sound guy kept messing up these cool moments the band members were trying to pull off. There were Indians everywhere, and Leigh had on a sort of Indian outfit (India Indian, not American Indian). When the band finished this really really long, slow, quiet song, I made a joke to one of the band members to play a slow song next. He didn't think it was funny, and the band was arguing over whether to do another mellow one or speed it up. They decided to speed it up.

Marlene and Terry were there (the family I am living with), and their son Harry was no where to be seen. We all kept asking, "Where's Harry?"

As the song picked up, Leigh pulled up a scarf over her head, like the Muslim women wear, and started doing this howling thing. She looked like a crazed woman. And she started dancing around. I thought to myself, "I bet the other Muslim women don't like that too much."

As we left, I saw Muslim women everywhere, but most of them were like teen girls, with their abayas (look it up) on and huge stylish sunglasses, and made up faces. Then I woke up.

Strange, huh?

Desire to show gratitude said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the concert! I haven't been to a concert in years.

And, I am praying that you and Ryan will be blessed with a baby soon.

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

I was wondering how the concert experience went:) Jars of Clay was my first major Christian concert as a recall - outdoors in Clio, MI. God is the Great Healer isn't he? Thank goodness for God's internal healing.